Pilgrimages for Youth and Young Adults
Galleries (Under Construction)
Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Guadalupe 2006
To enjoy the photo galleries most, please note:
- Our pictures load fast!
- Click on the photo-button or the text link to view each of the galleries below
- Both galleries and photos have captions
- You can click on them one by one, or play the slide show, or switch
between one method of viewing and the other.
- If you wish a higher quality image, contact us for the originals.
1096 photos in 11 galleries! Click on photo or link to view.
|Day 1: Trip to Mexico, and from Mexico City to Puebla (77 images)
- Trailblazers departed to the city with the highest population on earth
- We drove to Puebla, and from just north of Puebla we would begin ourwWestward walk to Guadalupe
||Day 2: Malinche Mountain (93 images)
- Trailblazers always starts our pilgrimages with a silent retreat
- We had plenty of time for prayer, spiritual direction, confession
- Higher than 13,000 ft.!
||Day 3: Teolocholco (100 images)
- Today, it was down the mountain!
- To a town at the foot of the mountain, our first stop, called Teolocholco
- The parish hosted us with great joy and hospitality
||Day 4: San Miguel del Milagro (98 images)
- St. Michael the Archangel appeared in a vision here.
- We found Fr. Eusebius by surprise, from the Canons Regular
of the Holy Cross... we thought he was still in Detroit! A happy
||Day 5: San Salvador el Verde (45 images)
- We started uphill again
- The entire hike we never went lower than 10,000 ft., so the
air was thin; Mexico city is somewhere around 6000 or 8000 ft above sea
- Hiking through the country side with the Scouts from Puebla as our guides
||Day 6: A day of rest at the foot of the Iztaccihuatl (156 images)
- Say the name of that mountain three times fast
- Once again, at San Salvador el Verde
||Day 7: The Calzada de Guadalupe (121 images)
- The Calzada is a pedestrian zone set aside for the many thousands of pilgrims entering Guadalupe, which is in Mexico City
- For safety we bussed from San Salvador to a secure starting point in Mexico
- We prayed and sang, great joy!
||Day 8: Mexico City (81 images)
- Wow is this a big city
- Careful what you eat and drink...
- We were hosted by the parish of Fr. Uriel, Alejandro Torres' uncle
||Day 9: Sunday at Guadalupe (163 images)
- We had a day of rest and prayer, of joy and celebration, at the Basilica and surrounding campus
- Many graces awaited us!
- Here is the image Mary left us of her very self
||Day 10: Field Trip, recreation day, pyramids of Teotihuacan (155 images)
- Just for the cultural experience, we visited the ancient pyramids
- In the midst of the beauty, it was sad to see neo-pagans
worshiping "energies" there; a great opportunity to reflect on the
truth of the Catholic faith, apologetics, and prayer
- We prayed the rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet to reclaim these lands for Christ!
||Day 11: Trip Back Home (7 images)
- Thank you, Blessed Virgin Mary, for the countless gifts you gave us!
- Lives were changed, friendships struck, hearts enflamed with love, and minds enlightened by grace
Virginia: editor of The Compass - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy : Trailblazers Secretary-
(248) 722-5808 *
Mailing Address: Trailblazers, WYD, Inc., c/o Bovitz, CPA, C.P., P.O.
Box 445 , Trenton, MI 48183